Thursday, August 04, 2005

Suddenly Oregon

Saturday July 30th I decided to travel to Oregon and booked the trip for the following Tuesday. So that puts me in the great Pacific Northwest this morning! I flew past Mt. Hood in all of its magnificience:



On Wednesday, I joined Mom as her "Senior Serenaders" performed for a local Hillsboro nursing home:


Following that, we jumped on the MAX, destination "Old Town" Portland's Chinese Gardens. Oh, what an enchanting place. Here's Mom in the "Pavillion of knowing fish."

We had white peony tea and some very brown marinated Chinese eggs in the tea house.

Afterwards, we hoofed off to "Dan and Louis Oyster Bar" to meet Christy for dinner. Mom and I enjoyed an assortment of raw oysters from various locations, both local and distant (mmmm!) And I had a huge crab louie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home